The valuation process is carried out in the following stages:
- Preliminary analysis of the company that is being valued
- Choosing the valuation methodology (income, market or asset-based method)
- Collection of additional data from the management of the company
- Data analysis and the drawing of conclusions
- Preparing a valuation report and presenting it to the client
Such a valuation will take at least 4 to 6 days. As a result, the investor or owner of the shares or holdings will learn the fair market value of the said shares/holdings. The estimation can then be used as a basis for negotiating and making an offer.